Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I'm a blog fail


So I'm a fail and haven't really posted anything. I left Singapore last week. I'm going to miss Josephine so muchhhh. I won't get to see her until fall 2010! That's so long from now. Singapore was fun, but I was ready to leave the air conditioned nation and go to Thailand. I was sad that when I felt like I was beginning to know how to get around Singapore on my own is when I had to leave, though. I miss all of the malls and restaurants... They were everywhere. I met Josephine's friends, too. They were really nice and fun.

I went to Malaysia one weekend, which was really different. Developmentally it was especially different from Singapore, and closer to Thailand's development I'd think. We mostly went to the night market and to a bunch of colonial landmarks. Stuff was cheap there... They had McDonald's ice cream cones for 1 ringgit, which is about 33 cents USD. We had to bicycle through a forest for like 20km. It was intense. I'm surprised I survived.

I miss Yong and Nadiah! They were awesome. The Singapore zoo was really cool too. My favorite were the orangutans.

Now I'm in Thailand, which is really different. Ordering food and such is difficult, since I don't know Thai. I usually end up with fried rice, since that's all I can say in Thai, unless I can point to food or to a picture. Shopping is pretty cheap. I fail at bartering, though. I'm too nice. I need to shop more with Nina, she's an intense bargainer. We went on a boat ride and did some other touristy stuff. We also saw a presentation about the Burmese refugees, which was really interesting. Tomorrow we're going to the UN to talk about refugees too. That should be interesting. I can't wait to go to the grand palace and to Kanchanaburi. I can't wait to go to Hong Kong either!

I really want to see Up! but it's hard to find a showing here =( We tried tonight, but failed, because the last showing at the imax was really early.

1 comment: